Thursday, June 11, 2009

12 hours in a refrigerated truck

The 12 hour bus ride from San Gil to Santa Marta took 10 years off my life.

Colombian´s are wonderful torturers and have many different methods I have not yet seen in my young adult life. Like putting the air conditioning on max when it is around 95F outside. Or having a transistor radio blasting for 12 hours, kinda like being in a tour bus but without all the useful tidbits of information. I will not forget the torture of going 80 kilometers and hour around curvy roads with the driver taking into deep consideration that once you are in a comfortable position he simply could not let you stay that way.

We arrived to Santa Marta red eyed and cranky. I swore to the universe and my god that would be my last overnight bus of this trip. Thankfully it will.

No comments: