Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finding Island Mucura

Other travelers we met spoke of Isla Mucura as paradise on earth. Lobsters come out of the locals ears, the beaches are filled with soft white sand, water in colors of blue you could never imagine. And there are no tourists.

After a 6 hour bus ride (we missed our stop) and one night in a random village, we arrived to the island looking for Wilbert.

Wilbert and Lina put us up in a basic hut riding high on stilts next to the sea. We stayed 3 days in quiet paradise, enjoying the small isolated beach, snorkeling and eating fresh fish. The sounds of the sea lulled us to sleep at night.

It was a perfect place to enjoy the warm carribean waters and relax.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hola,
Alors c'etait un bon plan la isla Mucura??Meilleures salutations des 2 (pas trois) suisses , Villa de Leyva !! Sandra et David
mcdadou@yahoo.fr

On est au perou en route pour Iquitos...

Alex said...

Hi Alejandra!
I was finding out things about this island and I found your blog, I really liked what you wrote about it. I know it's been some time since you've been there, but I was wondering if you have any info or tip you can give me that could help me. I'm from Argentina and I'm planning to go to Colombia soon, to visit my girlfriend. And I would love to propose to her on that island... I don't know if there's a way to contact with Wilber and Lina, or any other person. Thank you very much and have a great 2013!!